When you want your smile and teeth to look better, you want to visit a cosmetic dentist 11421. There are many procedures now available that can give you the better look you want. Many imperfections can be covered or corrected with today’s modern dental techniques, enabling you to get a smile worth having.
Problems That Can Be Corrected
While not everyone has the same problems, many problems involving teeth and gums can be corrected. From the more simple problems, such as chipped or discolored teeth, to the more complex problems of crooked teeth, missing teeth, uneven teeth, and more, a cosmetic dentist 11421 can give you a brand new smile you can wear proudly.
Even problems with your gums or jaw can be improved, although surgery may be required. Of course, the healthier your gums and teeth are, the faster you can have a better look.
Common Methods of Correcting Dental Problems
- Teeth Whitening – if your teeth have become discolored, your teeth can be whitened by at least six shades in a dental office.
- Fillings – a dentist fills in a cavity with a filler, which can match the color of your teeth.
- Bonding – a composite material is put on the tooth’s surface and then shaped and polished into the desired shape.
- Bridges – replace missing teeth with a bridge, or prosthetic teeth. The bridge is attached to the teeth on both sides of the gap.
- Orthodontics – get your teeth straightened with traditional braces, or with invisible braces, called Invisalign.
- Veneers – veneers are laminates made of porcelain that covers most appearance problems and will give your teeth an amazing smile.
- Implants – dental implants are made to be permanent replacements for missing teeth and can be used for one tooth or many. The posts are made of titanium and they are permanent.
Their Dental Durability
Different procedures will last for different amounts of time. Some procedures, such as implants, can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for. Other products, such as veneers, may last ten years, but longer if good care is given. Bonding typically lasts between 3 – 5 years.
The Time It Takes for Treatment
Treatment times will vary according to the treatment. If you get orthodontics, for instance, they can take between 18 months to two years. Invisalign takes less time, usually between 12 to 18 months. One or more visits will be required for most other treatments. Veneers must be made in a lab, which means two or three visits will be necessary.
The Procedure You Need
Talking to a dentist will enable you to discover which method is best for you. Your dentist can provide several types of treatments and can show you which ones will best fit your budget and needs. Dental insurance does not usually cover cosmetic dentistry treatments.
A cosmetic dentist 11421 near you can answer all your questions about the various treatments that they perform. A dental exam will likely be needed in order to determine what options you have. The sooner you visit the dentist, the faster you can have the beautiful teeth you want.
135-06A Jamaica Ave,
Richmond Hill, NY 11418